Community Service Organisations

Insurance Business Pack

Volunteers Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident cover is designed to provide compensation to volunteers who provide services on behalf of the Insured if they are injured whilst providing those services. Unlike employees, volunteers are not covered under the Insured’s Workers Compensation Insurance Policy. Therefore it is vital that the Insured takes out this cover to protect the volunteers in the event they are injured whilst performing their volunteer duties. The Volunteers Personal Accident cover is a defined event policy, so there is no requirement for the Insured to be negligent in order to claim. It provides an upfront financial benefit in the event that one of the defined events of the policy occurs. It ensures the Insured organisation provides protection to one of its most important assets – its volunteer workforce.

Property Insurance – Commercial Premises

This cover provides accidental damage to your insured property at the location(s) where you carry out your operations. Cover applies to the declared property for damage occurring during the period of insurance.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business Interruption Insurance covers you for loss of income and/or increased costs of working as a result of damage occurring during the period of insurance.

Crime Cover

Crime cover protects you for loss of money, burglary or theft of property (other than money), and theft by officials.

Glass Breakage

Glass Breakage covers you for accidental breakage of external and internal glass including leadlight and stained glass.

Breakdown of Mechanical and Electronic Equipment

Machinery Breakdown covers you for breakdown of mechanical equipment, explosion of boilers and pressure vessels and impact by flying fragments at your location(s).

Electronic Breakdown covers you for the breakdown of electronic equipment, such as computer equipment or point of sale machines, at your location(s).

General Property

General Property covers you for accidental damage caused to specific items that you have elected to insure Australia wide.

Industrial Special Risk Insurance

Industrial Special Risks Insurance (ISR) provides Material Damage cover and Consequential Loss cover for medium to larger Community organisations including Not-for-Profit) with insurable asset values over $5 million.

This policy is designed to protect physical assets, including buildings, stock, plant and machinery and other property for losses from fire and perils, burglary, theft, loss of money, glass breakage and mechanical breakdown.

Management Liability

Management Liability Insurance protects you and your organisation against operational risks and exposures.
It is a packaged executive protection insurance policy, which typically includes:

  • Entity Liability
  • Directors and Officers Liability
  • Entity Reimbursement
  • Employment Practices Liability
  • Trustees Liability
  • Statutory Liability
  • Internet Liability
  • Entity Crisis Cover

It is designed to protect an organisation, its directors, officers and employees against:

  • Regulators
  • Employees
  • Competitors
  • Creditors
  • Shareholders (especially minority shareholders)
  • Clients
  • Liquidators/Administrators

Most common types of claims under Management Liability Insurance:

  • Breaches of director’s duties and/or fiduciary duties, including breach of trust
  • False, misleading conduct by directors/officers and
  • Actions alleging improper and illegal conduct
  • Statutory breach of duty i.e. under legislation
  • OH & S prosecutions and inquiries
  • Employment: unfair/wrongful dismissal, discrimination, harassment, wrongful failure to employ or promote
  • Defamation by directors/officers
  • Breach of intellectual property rights by directors/officers
  • Employee theft, including theft of money and property
  • Statutory fines & penalties.
  • Taxation investigation costs

General Public and Product Liability Insurance

Public and Products Liability insurance protects the Insured organisation for personal injury or property damage claims from a third party.  Personal injury or Property Damage can occur in many ways, for example lack of maintenance of premises, provision of group activities, community events, the selling or donation of products, food handling or lack of attention to the people in the Insured’s care can pose risk of injury or damage occurring.  In the event that the organisation is deemed liable for injury or damage, the General Public and Products Liability policy is designed to pay compensation to the third party.

Sexual Abuse Cover

Offered as an extension within the Public and Products Liability policy, Sexual Abuse Cover can protect your organisation against allegations of sexual abuse committed by either an employee or volunteer against a member of the public whilst in your care.

The cover is offered to organisations with robust risk management procedures in place and offers peace of mind for a serious risk which is very real for organisations that provide care to vulnerable people including children, the disabled and the elderly. Even if a claim is brought against your organisation years after an incident of abuse occurs, this insurance will protect your organisation irrespective of when a claim is made, provided you had the right insurance with a specialist insurer at the time of the incident. Comfort not all policies provide.